H-visas are often the preferred choice for most companies that want to bring in a foreign professional with specialized skills to the United States for short-term aid. A foreign worker needs to get hired in a specialty job that aligns with their academic background to be eligible for H-visas.
The term specialty occupation as defined, by the Immigration and Nationality Act, is a career that compels a theoretical and practical application of a body of specialized knowledge; and attainment of a degree or equivalent as a minimum for entry into the occupation in the United States. Apply for your H- visa with adan vega
Houston H-1B Visa Lawyer
Over 86,000 new H–1B visas are approved every year by USCIS, and fewer thousands of individuals in H1B status to the H1B cap. Also, millions of searches for qualified h1b visa lawyers in the United States and around the globe yearly by individuals and employers. It’s always hard to decide which immigration lawyer would be convenient for you in the pool of many options available.
H-1B visa law and immigration law are generally overwhelming. It is essential for the attorney you hire to be familiar with the immigration law and always keep up with immigration trends. Ensure that the attorney you hire is a member of the AILA.
You must know that not all U.S. immigration lawyers are well-versed in the H 1B visa laws. The h1b visa process is different from other immigration visa processes, and not all immigration attorneys can handle it effectively. You have to discuss this with your potential h1b visa lawyer before hiring their service. abogado Houston tx
What Are The Requirements For H-1B Visas?
To qualify for the H-1B visa, you must be a Ph.D., bachelors’ degree holder, or equivalent. You have to be a professional hired in a specialty occupation, examples of specialty occupations; physicians, lawyers, engineers, architects, and other professional careers.
H-1B Visa Requirements
You must meet all the criteria below before you can apply for an H-1B visa;
- The applicant must have in-depth knowledge in the specified field.
- The H-1B position requires a theoretical and practical application of a body of specialized skills attained by a specific course of study.
- The academic qualification needed for an H-1B position is a typical requirement for it.
- H-1B positions must and should require a professional or those in a specialty occupation.
- Employment offer from a U.S. entity to a foreign national.
H-1B Specialty Occupations
Before you are qualified as a worker with the specialty occupation, you must obtain these requirements;
The Job Must Meet one of the following;
- Must academical awarded a BSc degree(or its equivalent)
- It is usual for the employer to require someone with the type of degree for the position.
- The complexity of the job is often related to someone who has at least obtained a BSc degree.
- The H-1B position requires credentials that prospective employees possess.
The Applicant Must Meet One Of the following
- Have knack in the specialty equivalent to the completion of such degree; and
- Have obtained a certification authorizing them to practice the specialty occupation
- Have received a BSc degree from accredited by the United States college or university
- Have educational or training that qualifies the degree equivalent.
How To Apply For An H-1B Visa
To apply for an H-1B visa, the employer will complete several forms, make payment, and present evidence. The employer will also present the following document to the USCIS( U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service);
- Signed and certified form ETA-9035, labor condition attestation(LCA), with the Department of Law;
- Form I-129 petition for Nonimmigrant Worker, back with H-supplement;
- I-129 Data Collection Supplement
- Signed petitioner letter of support on Company Letterhead;
- Submit evidence supporting documentation that proves the applicant’s academic background and relationship with the employer.
NOTE: These are included but not limited. It is in your best interest to hire a qualified h1b visa lawyer to discuss more on your application.
Hire Experience Houston h1b visa Lawyer
Adan G. Vega & Associates have been handling H-1B visa filing for decades and can walk you through the process. We have successfully represented thousands of professionals and companies to file & gain their H-1B visas without any hitch. Visa filings are sophisticated and deterring, and the processing can take time, entrusting the details to top-rated immigration and visa law firms like ours. Contact us at your earliest convenience.